East Africa SACCOTech Forum
The upward growth trajectory gained by the deposit-taking Sacco Societies upon the in 2017 as witnessed by the increases in all the key financial growth parameters. The total assets increased to reach Kshs 442.27 Billion in 2017 reflecting a growth rate of 12.4% from the previous year. The total loans on the other hand grew to reach Kshs 331.2 Billion reflecting a growth rate of 11.29% from the previous year; while deposits grew to reach Kshs 305.3 Billion reflecting a growth rate of 12% from the previous year.
Unlike in the banking sector, this growth has happened with very little technological interventions, but the sector is now ripe for technology driven efficiencies and innovation. To digitally transform and deploy on-demand technologies to meet changing customer demands and transform the customer experience. It is from this background that CIO East Africa is hosting the first SaccoTech Summit bringing together stakeholders from the Sacco Societies, policy makers in the financial services sector and the technology industry to discuss and explore how technology can further catalyse the growth of the Saccos.
- Building Cloud Services for Sacco Societies
- Leveraging Business Mobility to increase Efficiencies Saccos
- Is Blockchain a fit for Saccos
- How can Saccos use Artificial Intelligence to improve customer experience?
- Turning customer data into business insights
- Security as a Business Discussion
- Infrastructure Considerations in building a Sacco Network
- Creating Alternative Delivery Channels
- Core Banking Solutions fit for Saccos
- The Real Sacco Opportunity