Alibaba Business School has announced January 20th 2019 as the closing day for applications for the first Rwandan and East African Alibaba Netpreneur Training program set to be held from March 2-13, 2019 at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
The training program is part of the eWTP collaboration where the first African electronic world trade platform hub in Rwanda was launched. The launch was witnessed by President Kagame and Alibaba Group Executive Chairman Jack Ma last October. Under the eWTP agreement, the government of Rwanda and Alibaba committed to work together to strengthen the country’s economic development by promoting policy innovation and providing capacity building to empower the growth of Rwanda’s digital economy.
“I am delighted that Rwanda is the first eWTP partner in Africa, and I look forward to the development of an innovative digital economy here,” said Ma, Founder and Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group, during the announcement of the collaboration. “Entrepreneurs in Rwanda, and elsewhere in Africa, are ready to seize the opportunities offered by the digital economy. It is up to all of us to help them succeed.”
“People ask me, ‘Why Rwanda? There are so many countries in Africa,’” Ma continued. “When I first came to Rwanda, I was shocked by its ability to embrace change. If every country was like Rwanda, think how powerful Africa could be. My answer is, ‘Why not Rwanda?’”
The 10-day program program is set for approximately 40 entrepreneurs contributing to digital transformation, who are currently operating in the Rwandan market, or are in the process of expanding to the Rwandan market.
- You must be a founder/co-founder or business owner of an officially registered venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Applicants below 40 years old.
- You must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer are preferred).
- You must provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
- Female entrepreneurs and locals of the selected regions for each class are strongly encouraged to apply.
For those interested in participating, visit this page for more information and to apply.
Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org