Posted: August 03, 2012Back
- Data Processing Specialist
- MSF Switzerland (MSFCH)
- Expected language:
- Fresh graduated:
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
At present, MSFCH operates in four project locations in Somalia: Belet Weyne, Dinsor, Afgoi and Mogadishu.
Location: Nairobi with 50% travel to the field.
Start date: Immediately
Type of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Scope of responsibilities:
The role of the Data Processing Specialist is to ensure the start up, maintenance and follow up of all IT equipments and all activities related to IT, provide technical IT support in all assigned programmes and ensure the implementation of IT policies and MSF standard softwares:
- Ensures all technical options for IT in accordance to MSF standards.
- Ensures the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipments and networks according to MSF procedures.
- Ensures the inventory, codification and localization of all IT equipments.
- Ensures the implementation and follow-up of data storage system in the Mission.
- Ensures the replacement and repairing of pieces according to Headquarters guidelines.
- Propose the requirements for the mission at the time of the budget preparation and revisions.
- Advanced Diploma in IT.
- At least two year’s experience with MSF in IT.
- Good communication and training skills.
- Able to train / coach staff.
- Research or analytical capacity.
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, E-mail and Internet.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Somali language is an added advantage.
- Organized, methodical and accurate.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Negotiation and diplomatic skills with high-level authorities.
All applicants should send a detailed CV (2 referent persons), copy of diploma and letter of motivation to:- Human Resource Manager Via firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted by: Janta Kenya